- Gender: Female
- Industry: Consulting
- Occupation: retired programmer, analyst, designer for IBM
- Location: Kansas City, MO, United States
- Listed as one of Women in Technology – 50 Powerful Females
- Listed in Blogtrepreneur’s list of 100 Must Read Blogs, by Women!
I used to be a designer, analyst, programmer (and very much your basic geeky coder). Now I am just curious.
My husband accepted the position of Director of the Johnson County Library, KS in 2014 and we moved from Fort Wayne, IN to Kansas City, MO. I was practically born and raised in Fort Wayne and this was my first move to another city/state.
And I am loving it! So I am going to be writing about all the new places we go in Kansas City and of course, our other travels. And anything else that takes my fancy.
… And this was my original “About Me”:
I’m a coder. As Programmer/Analyst Consultant at a large insurance company and then as an IT Specialist with IBM. I’ve programmed mainframes, midrange, PCs, Unix, Windows, client-server apps, web apps, you name it. But I finally got tired of the rat-race and retired. But I can’t help it, my new desire is to learn all the Web 2.0 tools and use them to help create a new world. 🙂
- Aikido (until I got too old and gained too much weight)
- Ballroom Dancing (we need to do more!)
- Being at home by myself (can you say loner?)
- Buddhist philosophy (I’m hopeless though)
- Cats (my favorite animal!)
- Curmudgeons (I guess we can relate to each other 🙂
- Dogs (we have a Doberman Boomer)
- Learning new things (the internet is a curse!)
- Reading just about anything
- Reality TV (what can I say…)
- Science Fiction and Fantasy
- Travel (especially international)
- Blogging and Writing
Becky Carleton, a librarian at the Johnson County Library in Kansas challenged me to name ten pieces
The Drop, in the Martini Corner area of Kansas City Missouri is an attractive looking place with brick and industrial acc ents and a pretty bar and cute couches in the front. It looked like a nice… Continue reading Review of The Drop Bar and Bistro in Martini Corner, Kansas City...
I am a part of the #PitchBiteClub, a group of people put together by The Pitch to go to restaurants, taste several of their dishes and report on the experience via social media. On Wednesday, 8/20/2014 we went to Room 39 1719 W 39th St., Kansas City, MO 64111. Continue reading #PitchBiteClub Review of Room 39...
I am in The Pitch’s Bite Club, a group of reviewers that review a restaurant and several of their dishes. I also write my own reviews about almost everything. This is a little about me and how I review and about what I like and dislike about a restaurant and food in general. Continue reading Pitch Bite Club Restaurant Reviewer, How I Review, Likes and Dislikes...
It’s been a long time since I have blogged. I am changing the name of my blog from All Things Web 2.0 to Clear Blue Dei (Thursday’s Child has far to go…) and the focus of my blog… Continue reading My All Things Web 2.0 Blog is now Clear Blue Dei (Thursday's Child)...